The Genesee Riverway Trail is a scenic multi-use trail which runs through Rochester from the Erie Canal to Lake Ontario. It is a designated National Recreational Trail, and connects to both the statewide Erie Canal Heritage Trail and the Genesee Valley Greenway Trail, which continues south along the Genesee River.
Tap here for information about the parks and historic districts along the Genesee Riverway Trail from the City of Rochester.
Tap here for a free, audio-narrated tour describing over 100 locations along the river.
You can also access individual tours of the following areas along the river, by tapping on the links:
- Charlotte and the Port of Rochester
- Lower Genesee Loops over two bridges
- Lower Falls and Maplewood Park
- High Falls Ecoloop over two bridges
- Downtown Riverfront and aqueduct
- South Loop from Ford St. Bridge
Genesee RiverWatch works to improve the water quality of the Genesee River and its tributaries. Tap here for their blueway map of the Genesee river for canoeists and kayakers who wish to explore the river.